Followers

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

First Weekend of Fall

Hello friends! How was your weekend? Do anything exciting or enjoyable? Mine was pretty good! Started off with me treating myself to a celebratory drink in honor of Fall on Friday!


Since it was warmer than I was hoping it would be for the 1st day of Fall! I opted for a cold & yummy pumpkin spice frappe :)


Later that evening I made burgers & fries for dinner! Burgers were delicious but boy did they make a greasy mess all over my stove top as they cooked!! I had sautéed a huge heaping of finely minced onions in a pad.. or two.. or three of butter until they started to caramelize a bit and then placed the burgers onto the griddle over the onions & slowly cooked them on low :) 



After that we all channeled our inner cowboy or girl ;) Got ready & hurried out the door! And I mean hurry as in I left that greasy griddle on my stove top and unwashed dinner dishes sitting out just so we would make it on time to our first barn dance ever! 

That's my hubby & our 2 youngest :) 

That's my Ava one the left!


My kids with some of their homeschool friends! 2nd one in is my Ava , 5th one in is my Abby, the littlest boy to the right is my little guy Alex and the tiniest cowgirl to the right is my baby Hadley :)

Have any of ya'll ever been to a square dance before??? Talk about fun! Was truly the perfect way to celebrate the arrival of Fall with my family! Big open barn, loud country music, twinkle lights & the cool evening breeze coming through felt so amazing:) Oh and snacks too.. hehe! Just saying ;) 



Our littlest ones Alex & Hadley eventually made their way outside! He brought along his harmonica to play while Hadley had a hoot watching her own little shadow dance along side of her, all under the twinkling stars :) 



The rest of our weekend was all about comfy, cozy and coffee :) 


Some people like to mix cocktails on the weekend... I on the other hand like to mix this :) 

First I mix in the french vanilla, then I mix in the vanilla caramel latte! And as you can see it makes a really nice froth on top!! Genius right?!? 
 

More coffee & a warm chocolate croissant because it's the weekend, Fall is here and before  you know it we'll be breaking out those warm cozy sweaters & oversized sweatshirts anyways ;) 


Homemade banana muffins warm & fresh out the oven topped with princesss because my little guy Alex said we should add them on for Hadley because it would make her happy... 


And it did :) Such a sweet big brother she has! 
And there you have it, our first weekend in Fall! Hope you all had a wonderfully comfy & cozy weekend too! 




(Btw, this was meant to be posted on Monday but I was having some technical difficulties! lol.. I couldn't get onto the internet and check my blog or visit anyone else's blog! I tried enlarging the print on my blog but i'm not sure it took! What do ya'll think.. Is the print still too small? Shall I make any changes? Let me me know :) Basically  bear with me folks!! I am the least computer savy person I know and am still trying to figure things out on here!! lol)
Blessings to all! 






8 comments:

  1. Oh mercy, you and your family had a most delightful weekend, to begin Autumn!!! Everything sounds delicious and fun.

    You are so lucky to have an old fashioned barn square dance in your area. Oh I bet that is so much fun, for the whole family.

    So nice to see your children being with other home schooled kids. Everyone getting the best kind of 'same' education. Facts yes, and learning to be so nice to one's sister, for instance. (cupcake tops!) Yes, your children are lucky.

    Outside-the-home educated children, do not get outside reinforcement, of values taught at home. I'm not being all-religious, about this. I am simply stating common sense. The *World* does not value basic, so called old fashioned ideas, any more.

    Enough! Sorry! I do get off on tangents, in comments, at times. -blush-

    Gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It definitely was a night to remember! And yes that is one of the reasons we chose to homeschool! We wanted to ensure our children would have a concrete solid foundation based on good old fashioned morals :) The only way to know my children would definitely receive that is by someone who truly loves & is invested in them... ME :) So i'm their teacher and their mommy and I love it! Love it! Love it!! Where I live their is a huge community of homeschoolers! My children have friendships going back to when they were just babies. It's really wonderful, every one is close knit and the parents and children all so very, very kind. Tons of homeschool activities & meet ups too! I actually think homeschooling is becoming a lot more popular than it was years ago :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry you were having "technical troubles," already, with blogging. Don't fret! We all have them. The entire blogging process, is a learning curve.

    And anyone who has been blogging, will be happy to help, in any way they can. I remember all the lovely people, who have helped me, along the way! And I am always willing to help anyone else, as much as I can.

    As to the font/print size, it still looks "small" to me. But remember, I am old! ,-) Your younger readers probably have no trouble at all.

    There is a simple 'trick' to changing size of font/print, though, if you would like to try... :-) Just ask. When you have the time.

    Concentrate on enjoying this new "toy" of blogging! It is fun. And should always be fun. If it ever gets to be "work," that's a "no-no". >,-)

    Gentle Autumn hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping to get my computer fixed this weekend & hopefully be able to make more changes on my blog! I think I might be limited to what I can do to my blog on my phone.. not 100% sure! lol.. Thanks for the encouragement :)

      Delete
  3. Love your autumn weekend, my friend!!!!
    You know I love your coffee, right??
    So happy you are here in blogland, especially during this time of year!!
    And Luna is right...
    Just ask for help.
    I still do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post!!! Yummy Pumpkin Spice Frappe! I might just go to Starbucks this weekend and get one myself :) Love the princess banana muffins -those are two of my favorite princesses! Ariel has been my favorite since I was little. <3

    Madison
    http://breakfastatmadisons.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and now I'm wanting to rush to Starbucks! Crazy how this warm weather is making us want cold drinks instead of warm. I think today is finally cooler.
    The barn dance looks so fun. What a great night for your family and friends.
    And your son's suggestion for the cupcakes must have made your heart smile.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great article..I am looking so forward to your blogcomment and
    I love your page on your post.. That is so pretty..
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete