Followers

Monday, October 2, 2017

Just Life

 Just real life over here in my cozy little home. Mama (that's me) was not feeling well at all last week! I had laryngitis & could barely speak. My throat & ears were aching me! I actually went to the doctor which is rare for me but I wanted to make sure I didn't have strep throat or something of that nature so I could take extra precautions & try not to spread it to my kids. My doctor told me laryngitis & gave me a prescription, which I never filled! I'm not really big on medications, I always like to try & fight it off naturally if I can but I just wanted to know what I had! lol.. So I headed over to the food store and bought this and with in a few days I was feeling much better :) 

*Update! I'm all better & kids are healthy too :)*

Things still needed to happen in my home, like me cooking dinner. 


So thankful for my crockpot. I literally just threw in ingredients that I had  & turned it to high. I know it doesn't look like anything special and that's because it wasn't! lol.. Again, I wasn't feeling well! Totally "un-Instagram" worthy! lol.. But again, real life :)

                                     

So what is this mystery meal you are staring at?!?! Incase you are curious! It's just chicken breasts seasoned & covered in a single can of cream of mushroom soup,  a 1/2 cup of roasted chicken dripping I had in my freezer that I saved so I could add it into a meal for extra flavor! And it definitely came in handy that day :)
2 carrots peeled & diced cause that is all I could bring myself to peal and a good sprinkling of paprika. I ended up serving this with some plain steamed white rice cause I was able to just prepare it in my small rice cooker, easy! My children enjoyed it, our tummies were full, so that's blessing enough! 


After I put dinner into my crockpot that morning & breakfast was fed, my older children got busy on their school work :)




I like to have my my older children start their school work first. For one, my littler ones have way too much energy to sit and do school work with me first thing in the morning! lol.. Two, my one daughter Abby has phonological dyslexia so she needs me to help her with some of her school work :) 



That's my Abby! A pleasure & a joy to teach! And although she needs my help a lot, she is quite smart & very capable! She's extremely creative & had even taught herself cursive hand writing a few years all on her own! Proud mama, not bragging ;) 


So as I sat with my older girls & helped them with their school work, my littler ones kept busy making a tiny fort out of their baby blankets along with throwing a TON of their toys into that little corner of the room (which you can't see! hehe!) where my little guy happily pokes his head up from :)  


 Suppose that's the price I pay, as I don't like to put on the TV on in the morning just to keep them busy while I do schoolwork with my older ones! lol 


Oh, here's a peak of our "classroom!" It's was under construction for a while, still have to put up cabinet  doors  & now we are now finally redecorating it! It's not totally finished yet... but it almost is! Until them school work happens at the dining room table! I'll have to do a post about our "classroom" when it's done :) 


So 12:15 rolled around and I gotta admit that tea I bought for my laryngitis tasted absolutely  horrible!! lol.. So I decided i'd stick with my usual afternoon drink since I look forward to my coffee break and I like for it to be somewhat pleasurable :)  

Especially since I was going to be folding laundry!

AND I still made my bed that morning! 

Cause that's one thing I always do first thing in the morning, is make my bed no matter what!! My mother taught me to be that way... but I like it :) 

"Papa & Mama Bear"


Oh and this... I opened the fridge to find a special little cake :) My little Hadley always finds a way to make me laugh & smile. 


Also, my girls started lacrosse this weekend! It's their first time playing & they were super excited and did really great! Can't believe how fast they are growing up! 


I even got my little guy a lacrosse stick so he could practice with the girls in the yard! He's actually pretty good, so maybe next year he could play too :) 



So there you have it! Just living life & feeling blessed, even when i'm not feeling so good! I persevered & did everything I needed to do all through the grace of God :) 

11 comments:

  1. Looks like we both had lemons on our minds today.
    Yes, as a wife and mother, Life goes on even if we don't feel like it1 Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're feeling better. It's so hard to "mother" when you're under the weather, isn't it?
    You all seem to be rockin' the homeschooling. Can't wait to see your new room all set up. Looks great so far. I only wish I could sneak a peek into what your little ones were hiding in that corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that you were sick, and right at the beginning of Autumn too. -sigh-

    Glad you are feeling better!

    Also glad you went to the doctor, to find out "what" it was. Some cold issues, are nothing to mess around with. And need meds. Glad you didn't have a really messy one.

    Gentle hugs, Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been lurking here after Billie-Jo posted your link. I'm in the NW corner of NJ(it looks like you're in southern NJ?). Glad you're feeling better, strep is nothing to mess with, it can cause heart damage. And I *love* "Throat Coat Tea"! Drank it during years of singing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these posts and even more of a peek into your life beyond insta. Glad you're feeling better! Your classroom looks like it's coming along great. ;) And how cool for your gals to do lacrosse.

    Blessings xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Hooray for crock pots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are feeling better! Hot lemon water with cinnamon and honey always does the trick for me. :) Loved all the pics of your family and home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, saw your update that you are better! Yay!

      Delete
  9. Great article..I am looking so forward to your blogcomment and
    I love your page on your post.. That is so pretty..
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete